Vinita LathamPsychotherapy & Counselling
Finding Emotional Freedom.
Thank you for taking the time to look through my website. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Are you stressed, anxious, overwhelmed or depressed?
Mental health challenges can feel isolating and lonely. Talking through your concerns can help.
I work with people to overcome self-limiting beliefs, build resilience and find emotional balance.
I genuinely feel that it’s possible to overcome self-limiting beliefs and self-destructive patterns of behaviour. Sharing problems that negatively impact your well-being can bring back a sense of control, helping you feel less stressed and anxious and freeing you to explore possible options and choices that you may not have noticed before.
Reasons for seeking therapy are individual to each person. Some people have a clear sense of why they are struggling and others just know they feel troubled but don’t know why. You may be finding life difficult at the moment because of current life events or as a consequence of past experiences. I have seen how therapy can improve the quality of life and emotional well-being for people who have experienced both short and longer-term issues and help prevent similar difficulties in the future. It can be challenging to adjust to life’s stresses and there are many reasons why people experience poor mental health. I have worked with people experiencing a wide range of issues including relationship and family concerns, divorce, abuse, issues from childhood, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, prolonged sadness. Therapy offers you space and time to share and express your feelings, where you will be listened to and heard with care and acceptance and without judgement.
I am a qualified, experienced psychotherapist and counsellor registered with the BACP. I hold a Master’s degree in psychotherapy and counselling and offer professional counselling online and from my therapy room based in Bolton.
Qualifications & Training.
- MSc Master’s degree: Psychotherapy and Counselling. The University of Salford.
- Postgraduate diploma: Person-centred Psychotherapy and Counselling. The University of Salford.
- BA (Hons) degree: Philosophy.
- Training CBT.
- Training Transactional Analysis 101.
I believe the strength of the relationship between myself and the clients I work with is central to the effectiveness of the therapy. I offer care and acceptance without judgement and work collaboratively with clients building a relationship based on trust and respect. I feel that it’s possible to find emotional balance with access to appropriate support and find working with people who have taken the courageous step to help themselves genuinely rewarding. In addition to my academic and professional qualifications, I bring life experiences that guide and inform the way I work.
Therapy can help you:
- Acknowledge and express your feelings
- Reduce confusion and become clearer about your next steps
- Explore how you would like things to be different
- Increase self-esteem and self-worth
- Feel more in control of your own life
- Identify self-limiting beliefs
- Improve your relationship with yourself and others
- I am experienced in working with people with Asperger’s and on the autism spectrum and have insight into the challenges of living with autism.
I have experience working with a broad range of issues, including:
- self-hate, worthlessness, low self-esteem
- anger-towards self or others
- loneliness, grief, loss
- prolonged sadness
- confusion, uncertainty, desperation, fear
- living in an abusive relationship – psychological abuse, physical abuse
- experiencing addiction – alcohol, eating disorder, drugs
- obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- work concerns
- sexual identity
- family break-up
- addictive behaviours
- issues stemming from childhood
- complex post-traumatic stress